Through the Conscious Kitchen program, fresh meals are prepared on site daily and local chefs work with students each month to teach about healthy foods, create meals, and mentor students.
- To serve fresh, local, organic, seasonal, sustainable food to the entire Bayside/MLK community for breakfast and lunch daily.
- To engage students in understanding the vital need for healthy food.
- To mentor students and involve them in prep, service, and waste disposal.
- To create a link between garden, nutrition, and cooking classes already part of the curriculum.
- Zero Waste: Students learn to sort recycling, compost and landfill and learn about the impact of waste on our planet.
- Atmosphere: A dining hall that is calm and communal with lots of smiling faces.
- Sourcing: Serving the best food possible at the best prices we can find at local farms, purveyors, and retailers.