- About Us
- Community Partners
- District Boundaries
- Public Records Request
- SMCSD Press
- Strategic Plan
Vision, Mission and Values
We exist to:
Instill a love of learning in our children and support them to be curious and flexible thinkers, confident in their individuality, their community, and their ability to create a safer and more just world.
The mission of the SMCSD is to academically and socially prepare students for success at each grade level and in high school on the path to college and career in a safe, healthy and culturally responsive learning environment. We provide a rigorous and challenging academic program with highly qualified educators in collaboration with parents and community partners. We will hold our learning community accountable for our progress.
We believe in the potential of each student. Families, community partners and educators embrace and support our public schools.
Inclusive: We are curious, open minded, generous, humble and empathetic.
Optimistic: We are hopeful, proactive, resilient and creative.
Collaborative : We are flexible and committed to teamwork.
Making a Difference: We are dedicated to achieving transformative outcomes.
Accountable: We are ethical, dependable and trustworthy.
Components of a Comprehensive Educational Program
Consistent with the District’s Vision and Mission Statement, the components of a comprehensive educational program include:
- Robust Curriculum - Project/Inquiry-Based
- Foreign Language Offering
- Small Class Sizes
- Extended Learning
- Parent Engagement/Center
- Human Health Services Offered at or Near School
- Integrated Systems/Case Management
- School Social Workers
- Counseling and Social Skills Programs
- Community Service Opportunities and Partnerships
- Student Leadership Training
- Organized Sports
- Instructional Coaches
- Inter-District Opportunities for Students to Promote Diversity
- Increased Technology Access
- Transition to High School